Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Prayer From Job

11 "Can papyrus grow tall where there is no marsh?
    Can reeds thrive without water?
12 While still growing and uncut,
    they wither more quickly than grass.
13 Such is the destiny of all who forget God;
    so perishes the hope of the godless."

Job 8:11-13



Father, put in me a thankful heart for the "cutting" that You are doing in my life, because without it I would wither more quickly than grass. May I not be one who forgets You and whose hope perishes. May I always remember who You are and what You have done. I have been given an easier lot than most; let me be grateful for it. 


20 “Surely God does not reject one who is blameless
    or strengthen the hands of evildoers.
21 He will yet fill your mouth with laughter
    and your lips with shouts of joy."
Job 8: 20-21



"Weeping may last for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."The night seems as if it has been too long. Lord, when will you bring your morning? lift up my head that I may see beyond the sadness and pain and into your glorious light that is just beyond the clouds. Behind a frowning providence, you hide a smiling face. Make me thankful for each ray of sunshine and be reminded that You are here, Lord, and that You are Enough. 
May it be so. 


No comments:

Post a Comment