Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Letter to You

I wrote down my heart on this page that you hold
I didn't lie; it was truth and it was gold
Now you hold my heart in your hands
I'm so weak, but you see me
This is nothing like chance
I was chained, but you freed me

Now my heart is soaring up high in the blue that you showed me
I'm indebted to you; I was lost, but you found me
My heart was broken inside
But this never ending flow of words
Couldn't keep it in if I tried
I'm Yours for better or worse

So I'm writing down my letter to You. It looks different now
You can see the teardrops on the page but they're not what they were
Stains from a chained heart
Have melted into joy
This is my proof of your love
You saved me when I had no voice

So thank you for being my God!
Thank you! You were here when they were not
In Your presence is fullness of joy
I'm understanding that now
What used to keep me from being with You
I'm no longer a slave to

No comments:

Post a Comment