Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Living in the Past

Listening to music is like an escape. From the real world, from dealing with it...
Listening to music from the past is like being there again. Being there again is like not being here.
Living in the memories, and escaping reality.
It's so easy to do. So comfortable. I know I probably spend more time in the past than anywhere else.
Somehow, sometimes, living in the past helps me get through the present.
But is that how it's supposed to be?
Shouldn't I be looking ahead, letting the hope of the future help me through the present?
Doing things in the present that will help me or others in the future? Making the present count...

Why is it so easy to live in the past, to let the present float away, through the memories that plague the mind?
Nobody has to deal with the present if they're not living in it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment