Saturday, February 21, 2015

Cover Us...

Covering my ears
Trying to drown out the lies
Trying to drown out the poison
Filling my ears and my eyes

Oh, Lord, how long
How long will this last??
Can you hide me under Your wing
Until the danger has passed...

I don't feel up to fighting,
I don't feel like I have the strength
I feel like falling apart at any moment
At any moment, I feel like I could break

God, shut up the Devil
That's made his home inside his mind!
This Devil inside my own home..
Too quick to share his lies

God, we who are Yours
Are protected from Satan's power,
God does this mean that he's not,
Is this the Devil's triumphant hour...?

Lord! Keep our home...
Put Your shield around us
Hide us from the snares all around
Cover us by the blood of Jesus..

Like the Hebrews in Egypt's land,
We are safe when we spread this blood
On the doorposts of our hearts
We are safe from the Devil's hand.

I'm on the edge looking over
And I don't like what I see
This never-ending abyss
Separating you from me



I've never felt so far 
And I don't know how to bridge this span
I don't know what to say or what to do
To bring you back into the Promised Land

So you may mock,
And you may sneer,
But realize I am praying for you
No matter how much you hurt me..

Lord, we need Your presence here,
We need Your light to shine
Over this dark, dark emptiness
That's filling his mind...

Only then will we be safe,
When we call out to You
Let us never forget
The Hope we once knew


No comments:

Post a Comment