Saturday, September 7, 2013

Walls of Ice

Do I dare say what I am feeling at this moment?
Do I dare speak my mind?
Maybe I should wish away these feelings
And hide what remains deep inside.

But this is against all I've ever known,
These feelings are all new to me.
I'd be lying to say nothing was wrong;
The war inside is making me bleed.

The scariest thing is the thought of losing
Everything that I need to keep.
But when it comes right down to the choosing,
I’m not sure sure what or who I want it to be.

Peace no longer rules;
I feel this heart growing cold.
I’ve built the walls so high
That even I cannot tear them down.

All I can do is plead
With someone else to get me out,
Melt these walls of stone-cold ice
And break through the barriers of hopeless doubt.


No comments:

Post a Comment