Monday, September 22, 2014

Dread

Dread
This feeling I know so well
Burning like fire and tasting like Hell
Never giving its victims peace
It teases and mocks till they cry for release
Looming like a cloud over everything
Rain without growth and sun without spring
It chases them down, doesn't let them hide
Like a morbid best friend always at their side
Light is like dark and day is like night
Even the stars shine a little less bright
A burden weighing them down and crushing the bones
Like pain in your chest that won't leave you alone
This is war

What can stop it from doing its worst?
What can quench the fire and the thirst?
It's been too long in the desert of pain
We look for growth, but there's only rain
Who will lift the cloud and let me hide?
Bolt all the doors till I'm safe inside?
Or chase it away for good till it's gone
So I'm not afraid to walk the streets alone?
Who can give light to the dark and chase away the night
And make the stars once again shine bright
Take away this burden that's bringing me low
And ease the pain that gnaws at my soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment