Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The God Who Takes Care of Me

I wrote this in Uganda when I was reading through Romans.
Romans 5:1-5 We have been justified through faith. We have peace with God. Hope does not disappoint, Christ died for me when I was still POWERLESS.

Against all human reasoning
You are the God who answers prayer
Against all possible reality
You gave Abraham a son
And not only one
But a multitude

He trusted in You
You did what You said you'd do
And his faith
Was counted to him as righteousness

Do I believe?
Do I believe like Abraham did?
Do I believe
That You can answer my prayers
And will?

You saved me when I was helpless
You rescued me when I was lost
In my powerlessness
You answered my unspoken call

If you answer before I ask
Will you not also answer my unspoken pleas?
If you give before I ask
Will you not also take care of me?

You are good
Let me never forget it
You're my Father
Let me always remember
And with Your power
You always take good care of me


No comments:

Post a Comment