Thursday, May 4, 2017

Till I See You

This side of Heaven, we stand at dark bars
Grounded on soil but reaching for stars
Looking into the endless Beauty beyond
How long till I see Your face?
The world becomes dark as sheer glory is cast
Across sapphire skies forever stretching, vast
Gifts are made to grow dimmer till Giver comes at last
Oh, how long till I see Your face?
From depths of sorrow and lack tearful longing was sown
Yet You've given me a gift, seeing what has then grown
Strong hope for what is not seen till the Unseen is shown
How long till Sight replaces faith?
Now, as one gazing into a mirror so dim,
Wanting to cross the chasm yet standing on the brim
Till I can know Him fully I seek to know only Him
For my Desire, in hope I now wait.


For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. Romans 8:24-25
For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 1 Corinthians 13:12

No comments:

Post a Comment