Monday, April 24, 2017

Lack of Good or Good in the Lack

I often think of surrender as a one time thing... that is, until I have surrendered something and feel it coming back to haunt me. As many times as it takes to surrender, I will, until these stubborn feelings remain in Your hands and Yours alone. God, I have given this to You before. Would You keep them in Your hands? I know You are not the One letting go; I am the one taking them back. But I don't want them... why would I take them back? Oh my heart, even I don't understand! But You know all things, even the depths of my deceptive heart. And yet, You love. Despite me, You love!

And because You love, no good thing do You withhold from me. Help me believe this. Would You be pleased to show me the good gifts that You are giving me and let my eyes be unblinded, for right now I only see what seems to be withheld. But since I know that You do not withhold good from Your children is a fact, I want to see the good in lack or the good in the gift that is now, to me, invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment