Monday, July 8, 2013

Introduction to Secrets of the Journey

So I finally decided to start a blog.  

Over the years I've always kept a diary or journal of some sort, but what I write there has always been a secret. I think it's now time to let some of those secrets out. Some things need to be known by others. Not everything can be kept to oneself. 

It's kinda like love. If you love someone but never tell them how you feel or act on it in any way, what good is that love? Can it even be called love? The very definition of love includes acting upon it. I could go on and on about that, but the point is that just like someone in love cannot keep their love hidden away, I can no longer keep these secrets locked up inside. 

This marks the beginning of a new chapter in my life. Today, the secrets of my life's journey are yours as well. We all go through hard times in life, so what's the point of going through them alone? God made us relational creatures. It always helps to know someone else is going through the hard times with you. 

In the past, I have kept so much inside and little by little have found that it leads to depression, anxiety, and desperation. I can no longer do this. From now on, I am opening the window into my life. Let these secrets no longer be mine.

2 comments:

  1. Happy to see you starting this Clair! You have my support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks! I think it will be really good for me.

      Delete