Tuesday, July 16, 2013

When Giving Up Is All We Want


Have you ever gotten to a point in life where you are just tired--tired of the frailties, the heartache, the sin in this life; tired of chasing after something and then seeing it slip through your fingers, tired of drinking out of broken cisterns,  just tired of being tired?

I'll be honest. That's where I am... again. I went through this stage a while ago when the heartaches happened, and now I'm here again, if nothing else, because they remain unresolved. It seems that no one but me still needs closure. Some people break other people's hearts, even have their own hearts broken and then just keep living like nothing happened. I will never understand this.

I need closure.

I need to be able to close a chapter in my life before I open a new one. If I don't, I live with the vain hope that I will be able to go back to that chapter, no matter how impossible I know that is.

But one thing I've learned from living is that sometimes, you have to leave one chapter unresolved when you go into the next. Sometimes you just have to trust the One who writes the book and leave it at that. And sometimes the only thing that keeps you going is the Peace that you pray for Him to give you every day. Even when that Peace doesn't come, you keep living. You keep living because you know that's what He wants you to do. What kind of witness would it be if you gave up on the life that He gave you?

And on those days where all you want to do is give up, to end this miserable life and have rest from it all, you pray with every fiber in your being that He will keep you strong. All of us know that without God, we could not live. But for some of us, this knowledge is closer to home.... because we feel it every day.

Every day, we get up and feel our need for Him and we know He's there because without Him, we wouldn't still be alive. We are living proof that HE IS REAL.  And we cling to His reality the way some cling to their lives because for us, He IS Life.

By Renee M. Coyer
http://www.creativeheartsforthee.com/renees-art-work.html
Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak. 

Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;

but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.


~Isaiah 40:28-31

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post spoke to me SO much. I seem to feel that way all the time now. I want to resolve something before I move on. Hold on, let me take care of this, I need to make this right! You know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know EXACTLY how that feels. Trust is hard sometimes -- all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I know EXACTLY how that feels. Trust is hard sometimes -- all the time...

    ReplyDelete