Monday, October 26, 2015

Dear _____

(Written last semester)

Part of love is sacrifice, part of love is letting go...
These things were nice little sayings till now
Nothing I've ever had to do..

What would I do if I couldn't see your face?
For months on end wonder if you're okay
Not be able to be a part of that life
That you would have at so high a price

But sacrifice is love... and you want this..
Letting go is love... you *want* this...
I may never fully understand..

I just pray that on that day if it comes to this
I will have the strength to say goodbye..
To hug you with all that I have in me
And to smile through tears as you leave me for a while

Don't wanna think of all the "Dear John" 's
Don't wanna think of what could happen
All I know is you'll be in God's hands
And no matter where you go this will last...

I don't ever want things between us to change
I've found the one I love and I want him close to me,
But if you go away, promise things will stay the same?
If it comes to that I promise I will stay right here.




No comments:

Post a Comment