Monday, October 19, 2015

Your Love

Your love is like a raging river
Stronger than the pounding sea
Your love is like a breath of air
Filling my lungs so that I can breath
Your love is like the tide that comes in
And pulls me far away from shore
Immerses me in the ocean
And gives me hope unknown before

Never to go back to the land
Where my feet were firmly placed
In my own understanding
Your love is a sea of unknown grace
This is the place where feet will fail
But trust lets me finally rest
Not on my sinking understanding
But on Your solid promises

Call me out farther and farther
Till the sight of my idols disappears
Till all I can see on the broad horizon
Is more of you and not my fears
I know this sea is not calm and gentle
This would be a cruelty
Instead, it is filled with waves and breakers
So that I learn to trust you
When I cannot see

When the waves are so high above my head
Seemingly taunting my little faith
When they finally crash over me
You show me your sufficient grace
My weakness shows your power made perfect
For when I am weak your strength is shown
If I felt like I had it all together
You know I wouldn't trust in You alone

Although I'm in a tempest Your love is strong
I don't have to feel land under me
I know this is Your will right now
And You promise You are sufficient for me
I asked that I might be delivered
But this storm may be my answered plea
Deliverance in the form of a lesson
Teaching me childlike trust
Is better than complacency

Let me remember this sea
 is
love
Better than the sand I knew before
I'm safer here in the unknown
Than with my comforts on the shore



No comments:

Post a Comment