Thursday, October 15, 2015

Tested

Consume my dross and refine the gold
Let me not see the dross as precious anymore
Whatever it takes, Lord, let it be
Melt these chains in the fire and set me free

Let my suffering be precious in Your sight
Let me suffer well because I am alive
No longer dead in sin as I remember myself to be
Lord, use this fire to set me free...

Even when I see no earthly good from this pain
Let me find comfort in Your sovereign reign
No helpless God that can only sympathize
I have trusted a God who brings dead to life!

Like a surgeon, You cut purposefully
The wound will scar and and the wound will bleed
But the pain points to a greater healing
And keeps my eyes where they need to be

Use my suffering to help me leave
The Egypt where I am held captive
To life my eyes from the treasures here
And fix them on the Promised Land

Set my eyes firmly on this future Hope
Let me not live by what I feel but by what I know
Keep me from sinking so far into self pity
That I hinder myself from being used effectively

No comments:

Post a Comment