Sunday, March 25, 2018

Triumphant

Though we mourn now and it looks like we're not strong
We're still running with the One whose been the Victor all along
He is carrying us because we can't see through these tears
So we'll still make it to the finish because He'll trample all our fears
What the Devil meant for evil, He meant it for good
That we might trust in Him who holds our heart
And know that He has fully understood.
To him is where I belong; this world has nothing I desire
So though I waste away, I will not be burned
Even though I walk through fire
Because He is with me and within me
I have this treasure, though I be a jar of clay
I may be crushed, but nothing can break me
Because He that is in me is stronger than anything I face!
It is only in that strength that I can look at you and say I'm strong
Because without Him, I'd be in the depths of the sea
But instead, I am kneeling at His throne
He invites me, "Come with boldness," and so I come
My hope is in Him and I see He's holding
The final victory over death He's already won
So where, oh Death, is your victory?
Where, oh grave, is your sting?
For a billion years ahead we'll see
That Jesus will be shown the Triumphant King.


*Inspired by: "Sweet Victory" by Trip Lee, and... 

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of God.
 Consider him who endured such hostility against himself from sinners, so that you may not grow weary or lose heart.
Hebrews 12:1-3

He will feed his flock like a shepherd;
   he will gather the lambs in his arms,
and carry them in his bosom,
   and gently lead the mother sheep. 
Isaiah 40:11

Even though you intended to do harm to me, God intended it for good, in order to preserve a numerous people, as he is doing today. Genesis 50:20

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who in every respect has been tested* as we are, yet without sin. Hebrews 4:15

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
   and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
   and the flame shall not consume you. Isaiah 43:2

For it is the God who said, ‘Let light shine out of darkness’, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
 But we have this treasure in clay jars, so that it may be made clear that this extraordinary power belongs to God and does not come from us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be made visible in our bodies. 2 Corinthians 4:6-10

Little children, you are from God, and have conquered them; for the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 1 John 4:4

...but he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.’ So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

In whom we have access to God in boldness and confidence through faith in him. Ephesians 3:12

And all who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure. 1 John 3:3

 ‘Where, O death, is your victory?
   Where, O death, is your sting?’ 1 Corinthians 15:55

And the one who was seated on the throne said, ‘See, I am making all things new.’ Also he said, ‘Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true.’ Revelation 21:5




No comments:

Post a Comment