Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Wounded Healer


My lips sing, “Jesus, there’s no one like you,”
But I don’t feel it in my heart
Right now, You feel far from me
And what I know I need is all that You are
How can I see Your sufficiency?
If there is something else in Your place on the throne?
And how can I live to praise You before I die
If the weeds You are killing are attached to my soul?
I have no choice but to sing in the fire
And though the song seem to labor every breath
The One I behold is worth every flaming trial
Because He has shown me Love with His own precious death
So let me sing as the flames rise higher
Let me not lose my strength as the Enemy’s arrows come
I know that my Father is not like the Liar
He’s keeping His promise to make me like His Son
Oh, let that be enough for me!
Even as the flames burn away the things I love
When all that’s left are burning coals
And the dross has flown to the dust
Will You make beauty from these ashes?
Will Your hands be enough to restore?
My life is lived in Your wounds, Your lashes
Heal me, also, Risen King, Reigning Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment