Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Closer Than My Heart

This morning, when I was reading my Bible I started to write out a prayer after I read a few verses of Psalm 119, and this is what came out.


Oh God, you are my God
In the morning I rise and recount your faithfulness to generations before me
according to your word
In the evening I lie awake and think of all you've done
You are so good and no one deserves you
What other house but Jacob's can say of their God
he is good?

Ever before me and ever with me
your righteousness stands
I have seen your holiness all my life
yet nothing is going to change
O Lord, you remain the same
As the sun rises in the east
as the morning dawns
as its brilliance sets in the west
making its way across the sky
As faithful as the mountains
as forever as the sea
your love is ever with me
Your presence is closer than my heart

O Lord, you are my hiding place
I have claimed you as my shield
when earth shakes below me
when the ground is pulled from beneath my feet
When the depths overwhelm me 
and my troubles seem to drown me
my God, you are my solid ground
My hope is in you
my trust is in your unfailing love
For it is ever with me
Your presence is closer than my heart
Till the end of this age and forevermore
you are my God.



No comments:

Post a Comment