Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Mere Words and Promises...

...things everyone wishes to hear or longs to say and give. How often are they true or kept? Rarely. Which is what makes those that are so special.


You are the warmth in my heart
One reason it is beating
The light in your eyes
When you laugh fills my being

     I ask to see you smile
     Because to me it is the sun
     But I will hold you when tears cloud your sky
     And when the rain will come

I do not solely want you 
When everything is fine
In all the steps of this journey
My love yours and yours is mine

Our steps will be like footprints
In the sands of time
Going on and on forever
And always side by side

They may fade when waves pass over
But their memory remains
Under trials love grows stronger
And always stays the same

     I ask to see your smile
     Because to me it is the sun
     But I will hold you when tears cloud your sky
     And when the rain comes
     I want to see you happy
     But when your smile dies away
     I'll hold you in my arms and
     We'll cry the pain away

     This life has many burdens
     Heartaches, cares and  plights
     But know that love is holding you
     Even when no end's in sight

   
   
   





No comments:

Post a Comment