Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hope is a Liar

So young
So innocent
You love
Without regret
But you don't know love is a fire...

You love
Without return
And give all
You have again
Not knowing that hope is a liar

                 And someday you'll see
                 That it was me
                 You hopefully gave your heart to
                 And you loved me
                 But you were a child then
                 And now you know...

Open 
To anything
As long as
You were with me
Dreams are real 'til you awake

You wished
That you could be
As strong as
You thought I'd need
But I knew that I'd see you break

                I knew some day you'd see
                That it was me
                You hopefully gave your heart to
                And you loved me
                But we were children then
                And I loved you
                We were such good friends
                But now you know...

                         Hope is a liar
                         And love is a fire
                         And you got burned

                         And I'm sorry....

So listen 
To what I say 
While you have
The time to change
And fall right out of love with me

You fell 
So easily
So get up
Scrape off your knees
Listen to me it's not worth it

                 Trust me, someday you'll see
                 That it was me
                 You hopefully gave your heart to
                 And you love me
                 But you're only a child
                 You're innocent
                 But I've been through the fire
                 Listen to me
                 Hope is a liar
                 
                 And I'm sorry





No comments:

Post a Comment