Thursday, October 23, 2014

Silhouette of Evil

I was driving down my street, and there was a gray mustang driving in front of me. All of a sudden, it stopped and someone popped out of the sun roof right at the junction of our road and another that comes up a hill. He pulled out a gun as the car was still driving and shot straight down the road until the car had passed it. He must have felt me watching him because he turned around and gave me a death glare and then quickly got back in his car which immediately spun around so fast the tires squealed. The car raced past me and overshot me. By this point I was almost at my house. My driving could not have felt slower. The gray mustang spun around again and started following me. Thankfully, he had lost a lot of time going so fast and overshooting me, so I got to my house before he did.

I parked the car as fast as I could, crooked in the driveway, and ran to the front door, fumbling at my keys to get in. When I did get in, I quickly ran to my room and peeked out one of the blinds to see the car on the grass in front of my house. The car was empty. Then I heard someone at the front door trying to open it.

I ran as fast as I could to it and realized with horror I had forgotten to lock it. For some reason the man, whose face I had never quite seen when we had been on the road but which I knew was the definition of pure evil, did not knock the door down or try to come in. When he heard me on the other side of the door he whispered in a tauntingly evil voice that was dripping with malicious intentions, "Why don't you lock it?"

My hands trembled so much I could barely turn the lock. I had been frozen seconds before and had not been able to lock it until fear gripped at my heart when he said those words. I locked it.

From there it gets a little blury, but I remember going into my dad's room to look for him. For some reason, no one had been paying attention to what had been going on. Maybe they were all in their own little worlds... But my dad was in his room looking like he was about to go somewhere. I told him what was happening and he asked me some questions in a really chill way like everything that was happening was normal. He said it in a really loud voice though, which scared me because I thought for sure the man outside would hear him and come crashing through the window and take me away or shoot us both... I asked my dad to lower his voice, but he just asked me why in the same loud voice.

Well my dad wouldn't listen to me, so I told him that I was going to call the police to come and get the man outside because I was so scared and I knew he only had evil up his sleeve. My dad nonchalantly said, "Go ahead," as I was dialing 911.

I had it on speaker and somewhere in the middle of the conversation with my dad, I heard a woman's voice on the other end saying, "Hello?...Hello? Please make your presence known so that we know you are okay." I brought the phone to my ear and turned away from my dad and went into the bathroom. I locked the door just in case the man got in the house. It was silly because he could have easily broken down the door, but it made me feel a little safer. I don't know where my dad went at that point, but I knew somehow if he was nearby he wouldn't believe me. I was on my own.

I told the woman what had happened and who was after me and that my dad wouldn't believe me but I knew the man was going to kill me or worse... She told me that everything would be fine and turned away from the phone to tell a police chief what was happening and that he needed to get to my house right away. Then she told me to be clam and stay where I was until the police got there. I thanked her and told her I would be waiting for them to come and then hung up.

Moments later, the light from the bathroom window was partially blocked and the whole room got darker. Trembling, I crept from my corner next to the shower and against the door and peeked around the wall to see what was blocking the light. A shadow of a hooded figure stood up against the wavy glass. Then I realized with horror that he had his hands cupped against the glass so that he could see in. I knew he had seen me.



I was so terrified that i pushed myself back into the corner where I had been and snatched the phone up from the counter. I dialed 911 and took the phone off speaker, pressing it to my ear. I knew the police were coming, but it felt as if they were taking their time and I had a feeling the figure would pull out a knife and carve a whole in the window big enough to punch his fist through and then break the rest while I stood there paralyzed, watching him. I needed to hear a reassuring voice that would calm the pounding of my heart.

The woman's voice at the other end of the line said, "This is 911. Please state your emergency." I said in a frantic whisper, "There's a man at the window he's looking in and I'm sure he saw me! The police haven't gotten here ye--" Before i could finish, she called to someone and said, "This is that same girl again. Why are you not there?? You should be there. She is in danger!" Then she turned back to the phone and said, "Honey, tell me what is happening."

I looked back at the window and saw the man's silhouette still outlined on the glass, peering in menacingly, tauntingly like he knew I was there and wanted to prolong the terror. His shadow moved around, peering into each side of the window, high and low, left and right, slowly...

My breath couahg in my throat and I whispered frantically, "He's still here. He's going to kill me, he's going to kill me..." My hear was pounding so loud I was sure the hooded figure on the other side of the glass could feel its vibrations through the wall.

I couldn't help myself from sobbing. "He's going to kill me..." My choked voice trailed away. "Listen, honey," the woman said gently. "The police will be there any minute. You just gotta hold on a little longer, alright?" Maybe it was wishful thinking, but I thought I heard sirens on the other end of the line. I said, "Okay..." voice trembling.

I kept the phone pressed to my ear and let myself slide down the wall. My knees were so week with fear. I could not remember a time in my life when I was so scared....

Then I woke up.





No comments:

Post a Comment