Thursday, April 17, 2014

It Was Me

(Inspired by "There Was No Thief" by Relient K)


For a time I thought they couldn't separate us 
They would try and try, each time not getting through
But then one day, I found us separated
And it was not them; it was me
That lost you

I'd be surprised to see you ever coming back
And I understand after what I've done to you
You left it up to me to find a way to get to you

And there'e just one last thing that I have to say
As we reflect on the mess of all of this we made
It was selfishness that made me push you away
I was not read and I led you on anyway

And this is the redo
You're starting brand new
Going in the opposite direction
And I'm so lost
I gave you up
On what cloud is the silver lining?

And there's just on last thing that I have to say
As I reflect on the mess of all of this we made
It was. selfishness that made me push you away
I wasn't ready and I led you on anyway

I'd be surprised to see you ever coming back...

No comments:

Post a Comment