Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Past Future

I still dream
When I listen to our song
But now I think
It's just been too long
I always thought
It was too good to be true
 I know I was right
Because now I've lost you

Something happens to a person
When they sit and dream of endless things
That could have been
Something happens to a person
When deep inside
The believed dreams could come true
But have had to watch their's die

It's hard to say goodbye
When you never thought you'd have to
When all of a sudden
You hopes collapsed from under you
It's hard to say goodbye
When you've been waiting so long
Hoping and dreaming for a day that will never come

How did this happen?
We said it never would
I thought we were above this
You said we were too
Must I kiss goodbye
The hopes I've had so long?
And lower my expectations
After I saw you fit them all?

Am I left to sit and wonder
Left here to think alone
About what could have happened
And what could have gone wrong?
Maybe I deserve to pine
About days long past
To think those same memories that now make me cry
Were the ones that used to make me laugh

I think of different things now
When I listen to our song
I think of rejection
And days spent alone
I can no longer look ahead
To past hopes and unfulfilled dreams
No I can only look back
On a future that will never be

No comments:

Post a Comment